VOLUNTEER / JOBS
There are no job openings at this time.
Summer Internship (May – September) application deadline March 15, 2014
Fall Internship (September – December) application deadline July 15, 2014
Spring Internship (January – May) application deadline November 15, 2015
Washington Project for the Arts relies on a strong group of interns to assist in the management, promotion, and planning of our 60+ events and exhibitions a year. We are a highly motivated staff and we look for the same qualities in our interns. An internship with WPA is a great opportunity for students to gain experience working within a professional environment and to become involved with the contemporary arts community of the District of Columbia region. The right candidate for a WPA internship is responsible, enthusiastic, and organized. We welcome applications from graduate students and undergraduate students in their junior or senior year.
- Minimum 15 hours per week and availability during evenings and weekends
- Assist with opening receptions and public programming
- Perform basic office and gallery tasks
- Assist staff with improving social networking, event planning, and publicizing events
- Assist with installation and de-installation of exhibitions (layout and hanging of artwork, lighting design)
- Assist in compiling data for the WPA Newsletter
- Create program brochures
- Assist in website management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Art History, Fine Arts, Arts Management, or Museum Studies education preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office; Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/InDesign a plus
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.)
- Previous experience in an arts setting is desired but not required
- Ability to multitask and work well with others
Students applying for our Spring Internship are required to assist with SELECT Auction Gala
Academic credit may be given depending on the approval of the students’ college or university. Students should consult their academic advisor for information as to how to complete an internship for course credit.
This internship is unpaid.
Please send the following to email@example.com with “Internship Application” in the subject line
- Cover Letter
- Contact information (name, phone, and email) for three professional references
WPA would not succeed without the assistance of our dedicated volunteers who devote their, time, energy, and ideas to our mission of serving the greater DC arts community and our WPA artist members. Whether they assist for a single event or in an ongoing project in the WPA Office, our volunteers are essential and deeply appreciated.
If you would like to volunteer at WPA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.